We’ve all seen those personal development articles and posts that give tips for living a better life to be a better you.
I came across Kate Luther‘s post linked below:
To be honest, our habits are formed by our mindset. What kind of mindset do you have?
There are two major mindsets: fixed mindset and growth mindset. The fixed mindset holds you prisoner and holds you back. The growth mindset launches you forward.
Which mindset are you? Whichever you are determines your outcome in life. You are able to adopt a growth mindset.
Here’s some steps you can take to jump-start your new mindset:
- Identify words, thoughts and actions that restrict you and keep you a prisoner.
- Once you begin to identify these you’ll be in a state of transition and easily choose the growth mindset.
In order to make these changes you must believe you are able and believe in yourself to do it.
Growth mindset looks like this:
- Thoughts of: Being intelligence, Being skillful, Being talented
- Sounds like: “I know I have a choice and I will do something about it.” “I’m not perfect, I just work hard.”
- Actions look like: Finding new ways that work, trying new things that are effective, reject what does not work, sustaining your moving forward path.
If you slip, just start where you are and keep going forward. It takes 28 days to create a new habit.
Are you ready to grow? What will you do next to grow?