Do you see the glass half full or half empty? We’ve all been asked that question. The prescribed way of thinking is that when you see the glass half full you’re optimistic. When you see the glass half empty you’re pessimistic. Negative mindset thinkers are pessimistic.
Do you go through life feeling like your lot in life is to never have anything and you always lose out on the good deals?
There is a way to overcome this kind of thinking. It is called mindset transformation. A different way of thinking. We tend to believe the lies told to us by society and those around us.
Here are 5 steps to reset your way of thinking to reverse the pessimism.
Follow these steps:
- You have a choice in how you think and live. When a situation arises and your inner voice starts telling you negativity, stop everything you are doing. Think it through. Instead of believing lies, trade them with truths.
- Evaluate your sphere of influence. Do you have energy drainers surrounding you? Energy drainers or toxic people who suck the life out of you. Remove the toxic relationships. Once you do that, then you are able to change your thoughts.
- Create positive affirmations and repeat them until it becomes second nature. Use these five to get you started:
- I am beautiful.
- I am kind.
- I am loved.
- I am enough.
- I can do anything.
- Don’t take anything personally:
- Nothing others do is because of you.
- What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.
- When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
- Create a gratitude journal and post in it every day posting things and ways you are grateful and change your attitude to express more gratitude.
I also offer personal development coaching sessions to help you along.